Simple Magic Ceremonies Helen Coghlan

FAQ     Marriage Celebrant Gold Coast Helen Coghlan

Have some questions going through your mind? Take a look here and, if you can't find the answer, don't hesitate to send Helen an email.

Q: If we want you to be our wedding celebrant how far in advance do we need to book?
A: The sooner the better. As soon as you have decided on your wedding date, contact me to see if I'm available.

Q: How much do you charge for the ceremonies?
A: All of my pricing information and what's included can be found on my Pricing webpage.

Q: We're not sure if we want to write our own vows. Do you have other vows that we can use?
A: Yes. If you decide to book me for your wedding ceremony, I will present you with a 'Ceremony Pack'. As well as having an array of information you may need for your wedding, this pack has an extensive range of vows, readings, ceremonies and ideas for writing you own. I am always willing to assist, too. If you go to my Sample Vows & Readings page, you will find a small sample here.

Q: How far will you travel?
A: Included in the fees are travelling costs anywhere on the Gold Coast. I'm only too happy to travel to other areas as well (including interstate and overseas) and any extra travelling charges will be agreed upon at the time of the booking.

Q: What happens if it's raining?
A: I always highly recommend and encourage you to have a Plan B, or wet weather plan, in place. Most times the reception venues are willing to accommodate you if you have to hold the ceremony at their venue because of the weather but it's always advisable to check with them first. The guests need to be well informed of a wet weather plan and be given a phone number of someone who will be able to keep them up-to-date of any changes. I would also recommend that guests are advised to take umbrellas in case of rain.

Q: Do you have a minimum number of guests you need to perform a ceremony?
A: For a wedding, the minimum number of witnesses you legally require are 2 (aged 18 years or over). I will perform the ceremony whether you have an intimate party of 2 or a grand affair of thousands.

Q: Do we need permission if we want to get married in a public park or beach?
A: Yes. If you want to get married in one of the parks or reserves on the Gold Coast, you will need to complete an application. More information can be found on the Gold Coast City Council's website or you can complete an online application here.
If you want to get married on one of the Gold Coast's spectacular beaches you will need to apply to the Chief Lifeguard. For more information please visit the council's webpage which also has the appropriate application forms. Don't forget to check the tides before you make a day and time for a beach wedding!

Q: Do you provide a P.A. system and signing table?
A: Yes, I supply my own portable P.A. system, if required, to ensure all guests hear every bit of the ceremony. I also have a signing table which I can bring along, if needed (conditions apply). The only thing I don't provide are chairs for the bride and groom or guests.

Q: What paperwork needs to be completed before we can get married?
A: You are required to complete a 'Notice of Intended Marriage' form at least one month before your wedding but no more than eighteen months beforehand. You can download this form here. You will need your original birth certificates and, if either of you have been previously married, evidence that this has ended by either death or divorce. You will also need some form of photo ID such as a drivers licence or passport.
(It is possible to shorten the minimum notice time for a marriage to less than a month if special circumstances are met. Contact Helen for more information.)

Q: What do we do next?
A: If you're happy with what you see on my website and would like to know if I'm available, or simply have a chat to find out a bit more about me, please don't hesitate to contact me. We can then arrange a suitable day and time to meet in person and we'll take it from there. (A bit like a first date, I guess!)

   Contact Helen today on (07) 5533 9676 or 0407 758 867 or email.

Wet Weather Plan

It is imperative to have a Plan B, or Gold Coast Weddingswet weather plan, in place. Most times the reception venues will be happy to let you hold the ceremony at their venue in case of bad weather but it's always advisable to check with them first.

Need a Master of Ceremonies, too?

If you are also looking
for a Master of MC for your Gold Coast WeddingCeremonies
(or MC) for your wedding, Helen's entertainment background and extensive public speaking experience make her an ideal choice.


Helen is located on Queensland's Gold Coast. If you have any questions or would like to check on her availability, please feel free to contact her with your enquiry.
She'd love to hear from you!
Contact Gold Coast Celebrant

Click here to save this website as a favourite.

Like me on Facebook Follow Helen on Instagram Member of Australian Marriage Celebrants Inc